After many years of research, development and numerous beta tests, Spain’s Lithoplate S.A. have achieved the final tuning of the thermal CTP plates with ceramic substrate, and is now starting its manufacture and sale to industrial scale.
As many offset printers have already confirmed, the patented ceramic plates provide the highest printing quality and numerous practical advantages::
- They need between 25 and 30% less fountain solution
- Reduce the amount of alcohol in the same proportion
- The ink dries faster and with more brightness and intensity
- Reduce ink consumption
- Maximum thermosensitivity (110-120 milijoules) with perfect reproduction of fine points and stochastic rasters thank to its super fine grain
- Quick and easy developing, extending the life of the developer
- Easy ink-water balance, remaining stable through all the run
- The hardness of the ceramic enables very long runs without grain wear
- Not rust, so they do not need to be gummed at stops
- Similar price to other thermal CTP plates
Lithoprint.info can source sample plates for your in-house tests of these impressive claims – so far they’ve stood the test of You will not waste your time and be pleasantly surprised by the progress they represent for offset printing. Just use the site’s contact form, or pick up the phone to talk this through!